Friday 28 June 2013

Welcome to Iwo :)



Earlier this year, in March, to be precise, I had to choose between living in either the city of Lagos or the town of Iwo (some would argue that it's a village) for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) year. I chose Iwo-don't ask why. This is where the story begins…

A few friends thought I was crazy, others weren't surprised as they had always known me to be…erm…'a lover of adventure', as they put it.  Thus far, I've been here for about three months, and have met some of the funniest people and been met with some very funny encounters. So, I thought, 'why keep it all to myself? The world needs to hear about it!'. Besides, I've discovered that not very many people know where or even what Iwo is, so this blog will also serve as a light-shedder. On here, I will share everything from random Iwo-inspired thoughts to interesting experiences. Feel free to ask questions and share your NYSC experiences as well. Enjoy! :)

PS: It's a town, not a village! :p

2 comments: